Members Present: Rick Allison, Valerie Blessing, Kent Brumbaugh, Jeff Buck, Roger Core, Jeff Fill, Ben Greenbaum, Tonya Overton, Marge Patton, Melissa Truelove, and Mike Womack
1. Kent Brumbaugh opened the meeting with prayer.
2. Status of Roger Ross Consultation Report—Per Pastor Jeff, we are still waiting on the full report.
3. Pastor Jeff’s Report
- The revised plan for updating Fellowship Hall was presented.
- A designer was hired and looked at the entire facility and prepared a plan that considers continuity of look and feel throughout.
- The cost estimation for this project is approximately $7,000 and will be paid for out of the remaining 2018 donation that was designated for building updates.
- Chris Pittman is getting estimates for resurfacing and striping the parking lot on the south side of the building.
4. Financial and Statistics Report Review
- Mike Womack shared the following observations of the first quarter statistics and April financial reports.
- The overall giving is up, but the weekly average is slightly down.
- The finances are in good shape, expenses are held down, and we are better off than expected at this point in the year.
- Staff expenses are lower than expected.
- Attendance has continued to drop 8-10% each year for the last 3-4 years.
5. Review of Minutes
- The minutes from the April meeting and the Special SPRC meeting on May 7 were reviewed.
- A motion was made by Marge Patton to approve both meeting minutes and Tonya Overton seconded the motion. The minutes were approved unanimously.
6. Draft Financial Policy
- The current Financial Policy Statement includes both policies and procedures. Mike Womack has been working to separate the policies from procedures. The Leadership Council makes policy, but the Finance Working Team handles the procedures. Brenda Reynolds and the Finance Working Team will be reviewing and updating the procedures.
- There was discussion on how these policies and procedures will also apply to Trafalgar and the Daycare.
- Leadership Council members were asked to review the draft Financial Policy Statement and submit questions or suggestions to Mike. We will discuss further at future meetings.
7. Trafalgar/Mt. Auburn Charter
- A motion was made by Jeff Fill to schedule a Church Conference to vote on the Trafalgar/Mt. Auburn Charter. Tonya Overton seconded the motion and it
- Following further discussion, June 9 was selected as the date for the Church Conference. Notice must be provided two weeks prior to the Conference date.
8. The Leadership Council took a short break and reassembled as the SPRC.