“Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.” -John 6:53
Jesus said some very difficult things and taught some very difficult lessons. He taught salvation; He taught about money; He taught about love and He taught about relationships. But the night before He died on the cross, He gathered His followers together in a private room for a celebration dinner. That night Jesus changed history for His followers. That night marked the last Passover and the First Communion.
One of the great mysteries of the faith is what occurs when we partake of the Lord’s Supper. What does eating the broken bread and drinking the poured out wine given for us do for our souls? Join us this Sunday as Rev. Jim Hertel brings a message from the gospel of Mark regarding the sacred act of Holy Communion!
- Drive-Thru Communion: This Sunday, July 5th, We will be offering Drive-Thru Communion in the Trafalgar Parking lot from 11:45-12:30pm. For safety reasons, we have ordered prepackaged communion elements that will be blessed and offered to anyone and everyone present. If you would like to help, join us for prayer or be willing to pray for someone receiving communion, please let me know.
- Sunday School: The adult Sunday school class will be resuming this Sunday morning at 9am! If you plan on attending, for the safety and comfort of others, please continue to wear a face-mask and observe social distancing. It’s so good to be back together; lets keep it that way!
- Happy Independence Day! This Sunday evening, July 5th, the Swartz Family (from Swartz Family Mortuary) will be hosting a large fireworks display at 10pm from the field adjacent to the Franciscan Health Pavilion off West Stones Crossing Rd. While this is not an organized event, you are invited to observe from the safety of Mt. Auburn’s South parking lot.
- TLC: Trafalgar Leadership Council: On Wednesday, July 15th, from 6:30-8pm the Trafalgar TLC will be meeting in the Trafalgar sanctuary. If you have a question or concern you would like the Council to discuss, please contact Melissa Truelove email@example.com or 317-535-8555 ext. 1304
- Thank You’s!: Remember those who serve!
- A big thank you to Phil and Pam Brewer and Randy and Beth Light who continue to clean and care for our facility. Please remember them in your prayers as they faithfully serve.
- Chris Brewer who faithfully monitors our sound and tech.
- Kim Fill who oversees financial administration
- Eli Ray who operated the camera last Sunday, as we are now trying to record portions of our Sunday worship for Online use.
- To our Worship Team: Evelyn Ray, Debbie Scott, Dawn Ray, Betty Bedee, Sarah Taylor, and Paul and Amanda Sturgell as they work hard to lead us before the throne of God each Sunday!
May the Lord Continue to Bless our Church as we live and Love for Him!
With Much Love,
-Pastor Travis Taylor